Last Modified: April 30, 2021
Please reference the FOSSnotes Interpretation and Definitions appendix for relevant context.
This article explains the rules and regulations of the Website.
This article forms a legal binding contract between Us and You. In using the Website, or any services provided in connection with the Website, You agree to abide by these terms and conditions. If You do not agree to all the terms and conditions, then You may not access the Service or use the Website content. To the exclusion of all other terms, the Company’s acceptance is expressly conditioned upon Your assent to all of these terms and conditions; furthermore, if these terms and conditions are considered an offer by the Company, acceptance is expressly limited to these terms.
Description of Service
This disclaimer addresses the boundaries of legal responsibility for any and all Web Content.
This section divulges all pertinent information regarding products or services rendered by Us.
- Affiliates: No affiliate relationships currently exist between Us and any third parties for financial compensation.
- Refund or Exchange Policies: At this time, We do not sell any products or services.
This Website is an informational blog; as such, it (1) contains ongoing changes to content and (2) is subject to include conversations and comments from third parties.
Web Content is considered to be the sole opinion of the author and does not reflect the opinions of any organizations We may be affiliated with.
Informational Purposes Only
While all Web Content provided on the Website is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge, there may be omissions, inaccuracies, deficiencies, errors, or mistakes present in the Web Content. Furthermore, due to the volatility of information, Web Content is subject to obsolescence.
The author of any Web Content may, or may not, be a professional; as such, all Web Content is purely for informational & educational purposes only and does not constitute accredited advice. Web Content is not a substitute for certified advice; as such, a professional should be consulted before relying on this information.
The Company’s liability to You is limited. To the maximum extent permitted by law, under no circumstances will the Company be liable for any damages arising out of, or in connection with, Your use of the Service or any material provided to You by Us – Regardless of foreseeability, this includes, but is not limited to, incidental, special, or consequential damages, lost data or profits. This limitation shall apply regardless of whether the damages arise out of breach of contract, tort, or any other legal theory or form of action.
We claim no guarantees or promises regarding the accuracy, reliability, or completeness of presented information in Web Content. If Web Content information is relied upon, it is at the risk of the reader (You). We are not liable or responsible for any damages resulting from, or related to (1) use of Web Content, (2) use of information contained in third party links, (3) sponsored posts, or (4) reviewed products.
You acknowledge that the Company has no control over, and no duty to take any action regarding which users gain access to or use the Service; what effects the Content may have on You; how You may interpret or use the Content; or what actions You may take as a result of having been exposed to the Content. You agree to access the Service at Your own risk. The Service is provided on an “as is, as available” basis without warranty of any kind.
As part of your the Service, You may be asked to elect to receive email notifications from The Company or its partners. These messages may include event updates and/or promotions. Your election to receive such messages represents Your express written consent to receiving email messages from the Company as it relates to the Service.
By electing to receive notifications, You assume the financial responsibilities associated with the sending and receiving messages to and from the Service.
Reservation of Rights
At any time, We reserve the right to (1) alter how the Website is managed or run, (2) change the focus or content of the Website, (3) terminate anyone’s use of the Website, and (4) amend Our legal pages, etc.
For whatever reason, if a court of competent jurisdiction finds any term or condition in the Company’s policies to be unenforceable, all other terms and conditions will remain unaffected. No waiver of any breach of any provision of the Company’s policies shall constitute a waiver of any prior, concurrent, or subsequent breach of the same or any other provisions hereof. Furthermore, no waiver shall be effective unless made in writing and signed by an authorized representative of the waiving party.
By way of example, and not as a limitation, You agree to use the Service in accordance with the following:
What is Permitted on the Website:
- Browse: Visitors are allowed to browse all publicly available content on the Website.
- Comment: Visitors are allowed to comment on articles in a manner that does not conflict with prohibited use of the Website.
- Contact: Visitors are allowed to contact Us.
- Linking and Framing: The Company grants You a limited, revocable, and nonexclusive right to create a hyperlink to the homepage of the Website so long as the link does not portray The Company, or its products or services, in a false, misleading, derogatory, or otherwise offensive matter. You may not use any of The Company’s logos, trademarks, or other proprietary graphics as part of the link without express written permission. “Framing” or “mirroring” the Service or any of their content is prohibited without the prior written consent of The Company.
What is Prohibited on the Website:
- Spamming: No spamming is allowed on the Website.
- Phishing: No phishing is allowed on the Website.
- Denial Of Service (DOS): No action is to be taken that imposes, or may impose, in Our sole discretion an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on Our infrastructure. This includes interfering, or attempting to interfere, with the proper working of the Service or any activities conducted on, or through, the Service.
- Security Breaching: No actions that bypass any measures We may use to prevent or restrict access to the Service, or any part of the Service. This includes, but is not limited to, creating multiple service accounts or screen names for an individual user, disabling or circumventing features that prevent or limit use or copying of content, or which violate copyrighted or otherwise legally protected software; or reverse engineering or otherwise attempting to extract the source code of the Service or any part thereof, except to the extent that such activity is expressly permitted by applicable law. The Company will investigate occurrences of possible violations and will cooperate with all applicable law enforcement authorities in prosecuting violators.
- Transfers: No actions that share, sell, or otherwise transfer the access granted to You to the Service, including information regarding your service account, login information, or password, or otherwise permit any other entity to access the Service using Your Service account, login information, or password.
- Fraud: No actions that perform any fraudulent activity using, or in connection with, the Service, including impersonating any person or entity, claiming false affiliations, accessing the accounts or passwords of others without permission, or falsifying Your age, date of birth, or contact information.
By downloading, accessing, or using the Website in order to view information and materials or submit Material of any kind, You represent that You: (i) are at least 18 years of age; (ii) are registered to the extent required by Service, and have not been previously restricted, suspended, or terminated by the Company; and (iii) are not using another authorized user’s account without their permission.
Trademarks and Trade Names
All trademarks, graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, scripts, service names, software code, and copyrighted works associated with the Service are common law and/or registered copyrights, trademarks, and/or trade dress owned by The Company or is partners.
This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Local Jurisdiction and the obligations, rights, and remedies of the parties hereunder shall be determined in accordance with such laws. You hereby irrevocably consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Local Jurisdiction in all disputes arising out of, or related to, the use of the Site.
We may terminate or suspend Your use of, or access to, the Service at any time, immediately, without notice, and without refund for any reason We deem appropriate in Our sole and absolute discretion if You fail to comply with any term or condition of this Agreement. Upon such termination or suspension, You must immediately cease accessing or using the Service and agree not to access, re-download, re-register or otherwise make use of, or attempt to use, the Service.
Intellectual Property Rights
Intellectual property of the Company is not permitted to be copied, stolen, or misused:
- No part of the Web Content may be reproduced, stored, or transmitted in any form or by any means.
- You cannot use any of the Website Content to create Your own product.
Failure to comply with these terms will result in legal action by the Company.
If You believe that Your trademark is being infringed or used in violation of Your intellectual property rights, You are encouraged to notify Us of the infringement and provide all information that may be relevant to the claim of trademark infringement.
The Company reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify the contents of this page and its policy at any time and for any reason. You are advised to review this policy periodically for any changes.