Last Modified: April 30, 2021
The words and expressions in this appendix, of which the initial letter is capitalized, shall, unless the context otherwise requires, have the meaning ascribed thereto herein.
The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural:
- Company (referred to as either “the Company”, “We”, “Us” or “Our” in this Agreement) refers to FOSSnotes.
- Website refers to fossnotes.com, including all subdomains, owned by the Company.
- Content includes, but is not limited to, content, text, user comments, messages, information, data, graphics, news articles, photographs, images, illustrations, software, audio clips, and video clips.
- Service refers to the Website, certain services the Company performs for You, and the offering of any Content displayed, transmitted, or performed on, or through, these services.
- You/Your means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
- Affiliate means an entity that controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with a party, where “control” means ownership of 50% or more of the shares, equity interest or other securities entitled to vote for election of directors or other managing authority.
- Account means a unique account created for You to access our Service or parts of our Service.
- Web Content refers to articles, publications, information, and other content within the Website.
- Country refers to: United States
- Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Service or to assist the Company in analyzing how the Service is used.
- Third-party Social Media Service refers to any website or any social network website through which a User can log in or create an account to use the Service.
- Cookies are small files that are placed on Your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing the details of Your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
- Device means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a cell phone, or a digital tablet.
- Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual, such as name, birth date, IP address, and Email address, physical address, financial information (credit card numbers, bank account information, etc.), and geographic location.
- PII, “as defined in OMB Memorandum M-07-1616 refers to information that can be used to distinguish or trace an individual’s identity, either alone or when combined with other personal or identifying information that is linked or linkable to a specific individual” (gsa.gov).
- Local Jurisdiction is the United States and the State of Texas.
- Material is comprised of, but not limited to, content, information, postings, materials, including without limitation, statements, photographs, video and other images.